Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Kitkat44
      Participant

So I contacted the Penny Appeal helpline and explained our situation and the lady I spoke to wondered if family counselling might be worth suggesting to OH.
      Anyone managed to do this? OH anger is is directed at one of our children. Always something he has done or not done and is getting worse because he now goes straight into fight mode. (I understand how and why this happens but my husband thinks he is rude and doesn’t seem to be able to see the effect his rages have on our boy)
      We have a care plan due to start at CAMHS because of sons anxiety (again I can’t help but feel the fall outs are to blame)
      I know there is no excuse for anger at someone and want him to get control. I don’t know why I keep making excuses for him. It seems like there’s a blow up every 2-3 weeks.
      I’m so fed up having to try not to let on that I’m miserable and not feeling much love for OH anymore.
      I’m sorry to go on x

fizzylem
      Participant

Camhs is usually family therapy – they see all of you; he will likely say it’s not working and rubbish it to avoid taking on any personal responsibilty for his son’s difficulties – so bare this in mind, do not drop out because of this – they will be able to support your son and you whether dad attends or not – they will get the picture pretty quickly when they observe the family dynamics and will thus be able to help x

Kitkat44
      Participant

Thank you fizzylem, if he agrees to go in the first place is a red flag too I feel x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content