Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #128369

      Hi, my relationship recently ended but we (child) have not been able to move out due to lack of available housing. He ended it but I’m not sure he actually meant to, I think it was an abusive play gone wrong. He has been truly awful since, the bad stuff only got said when they didn’t like something specific I’d said or done. Well it seems they don’t like anything I say or do now and it is hell. I spoke to Refuge, who said I would have to be placed somewhere else in the country, and the council, who said that the nearest temporary accommodation was (detail removed by moderator) drive away. I explained to both that my daughter’s school is here so we can’t move away (detail removed by moderator)  and I can’t travel that long because I have disabilities. In addition we have pets which might seem trivial to some but our dog has helped the two of us to feel mentally well,  (detail removed by moderator). My daughter would be distraught. I would be distraught. Add to this tale of woe that we now have a positive covid case in the household and must self-isolate. We had a disagreement and they went to hit me but stopped themselves. I feel scared, possibly more of however they will choose to punish me than of actually being hit, though I WAS scared of being it….. No, I am pretty scared actually, but I know that they will be more likely to be cold and calculating than hit me. What can I do? We have another (detail removed by moderator), though obviously that will extend if anyone else here gets it. We can’t live like this!

    • #128371

      Ring the police and tell them you’re scared of your partner and are in danger. Contact your local women’s aid for support and they may have more info on housing available but you need support. Yes it’s a play gone wrong. When he ended it you were supposed to beg and plead for him not to end it and give him a big ego boost. Have you spoken to to a solicitor? Most offer free legal advice about separation and your rights as a mother. It’s important your legally the resident parent or he has as much right to take/keep your child as he does.

    • #128383

      So my child is not his and he has been awful to them since we moved in, while saying to ME that he thinks their (detail removed by moderator). But, no, he does not want to keep my child. I haven’t spoken to a solicitor because I know I would have no rights. This house was bought with his money and I came into the relationship with virtually little. He paid off my credit cards for me and a debt to my ex when we first started seeing each other. I have been on long term sick due to my disabilities and am now applying for (detail removed by moderator) but, as you can imagine, my income has been virtually nothing.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ Jobs


Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account