Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      KIP.
      Participant

The actress Emma Watson did an article about being single and described herself as self partnering. I thought this was a great way to describe being single. I like to say I’m dating myself. So if you’re single or scared of being single. Please don’t be. It’s what held me back for a long time. Life isn’t all about finding or having a partner. It’s a journey to be enjoyed every step of the way x

Fudgecake
      Participant

I also thought it was a great way to describe being on your own. I like the thought of self partnering and I”m looking forward to doing all the things I was restricted in doing when I was in a toxic relationship.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

I saw her interview on British Vogue and she is one brave woman advocating to see the humanity in others and be content with oneself and how she can’t bear taking up space without doing anything meaningful with her life. Who needs a partner when you hold such down to earth views on life?
      I think it does take courage though, not everyone can admit to be happy living by herself, I sure can’t do that yet, maybe I’m very old school 🙈Even though I will never be under the service of a man ever again that’s for b****y sure.
      Thanks for sharing KIP, I find yourself being one brave woman, a role-model I look up to, thanks for being you 😘

KIP.
      Participant

Right back at you 😘

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi @Kip, I’m excited at finding out about myself. It dawned on me recently that what I’m feeling is very like the early days of a new relationship. Long may it continue.
      💞💞

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content