Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Chocolatebunnie
      Participant

Spoke with a mental health assessor today as advised by my support practitioner which is to help deal with lows and make some decisions

I was open and honest about everything but still haven’t said much as it was a initial appointment but are aware there is ‘suspected abuse’ their words.

I feel very cut up as I was honest about the situation and now feel like I’m vulnerable

I was honest about how low I feel when everything is at is worst

I have said about suicidal thoughts although fleeting, connected to moments of abuse and am frightened I’ve said too much. I would never do anything as I love my children to much to ever hurt them by leaving them, they need me and I need them too.

Feeling like I have said too much, paranoid about my husband finding out and using it against me, even though he is very much a big part of why I have these lows.

KIP.
      Participant

You’re not leaving your children. But staying in an abusive relationship is harming them. Please be honest with these mental health workers who have your best interests at heart which is more than can be said for an abuser. Paranoia comes from being abused. Keep reaching out and try not to over think, take one day at a time x

Teaandcats
      Participant

There are lots of laws in place to protect you. You’ve shared that you have thoughts, not an active plan, which means they’ll put support in place to help you to stay safe. They’ll know that today, you are safe because you have protective factors – your kids.
      And if they’re aware of the link between your mood and thoughts and the abuse your husband is perpetrating, they’ll be even more careful. They’ll know that informing him would put you at further risk from him and your mh struggles.

If you’re really worried, call them and let them know you’ve been feeling very anxious since tue assessment and would like to know what will happen next.

Chocolatebunnie
      Participant

Thank you for really supportive replies has reassured me.

It’s very hard opening up and found being honest very anxiety inducing.

Escapee
      Participant

Hi chocolatebunnie,

Please don’t be afraid to reach out….the support out there for you is vast, especially as you have children.

Once you’re ready to ask for help, your GP and all the others involved will be invaluable.

If you don’t feel safe to open up to your GP you could try Mind. They have helped me enormously.

Angeltakemehome
      Participant

You need help. When you are ready open up a little more. As for suicidal thoughts I am sure we all have them at some point in our lives. But yeah, your kids are vital when you think about suicide like you said. Don’t worry.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content