Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Itwastimetostopit
      Participant

He really doesn’t get it.
      No contact means no contact

I don’t want anything to do with him but we have children.

But sends cards with son then I’m bad one wanting to chuck it
      Couldn’t hide my reaction from son.

He’s a t**t

Iwantmeback
      Participant

You’re not bad for wanting to chuck it. It’s a shame your son is caught in the middle, being the postman. Just rise above it. Once this season is over, take great delight in ripping it up. Is your son old enough to understand some or all of the dynamics of why you’re no longer together. Let him know he’s not caused this emotion in you. I hate it when our children are caught up in the middle of it all.
      Take care xx
      IWMB 💕💕

Itwastimetostopit
      Participant

My sons a teenager he knows that i don’t want contact.
      I’m not playing friends stuff that

lover of no contact
      Participant

Yes they can’t stop trying to engage us and affect our mind and emotions. And of course yes he looks like the good guy in front of the children (wanting to be amicable)etc. I have this dynamic too. Even after all that’s gone on my older children are ‘mum dad just wants to be friends’, ‘Can’t you just not talk to him’.

I just have to grin and bear it. My abuser is a top-class actor and brilliant at manipulation of others however my one comfort in all this is I got away. I see through him! He can’t pull the wool over my eyes no longer. He never thought I’d leave I was so trapped. He never thought I’d maintain No Contact despite his ongoing hoovers.

So glad you posted as I know my ex will use Christmas to do some sort of a hoover through my children even if its not a physical hoover but it will be a mental one , some untruth whispered in their ear and then they will relate it back to me (unknown to them what they’re doing) and I’ll be triggered.

I’ve to be careful over this holiday season and not enter into any conversation (with my children) to do with him, his family or new intimate partner.

Thanks for the warning!

diymum@1
      Participant

They just don’t know when to stop these guys do they? I’m watching out for the post too, I’m sneaky if I see failing hand writing it’s going straight from the door and right into the bin. I’m sure in the past I’ve binned money in a card. I won’t nothing from him, just peace. I will be glad when Christmas is over, not sure about you guys? It heightens everything but I suppose only if we let it. Anxiety kicking in for me 😕xx 💕 DIY ✌

diymum@1
      Participant

Familiar sorry

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content