Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Tagdigs
      Participant

I hope someone can help me. I left my husband after (detail removed by moderator) of abuse leaving him with my then (detail removed by moderator) daughter in the marital home, I haven’t seen her since then, it is now (detail removed by moderator) since we have met.I’m told I can’t get legal aid because the reported episodes of abuse are now “out of time” being now over (detail removed by moderator) since I reported him. Can anyone please advise me as to what I can do.

KIP.
      Participant

You can ring the helpline number on here for advice and Rights for Women offer free legal advice too. They have a phone service. It’s hard to see what age she is but you have as much right to her as he does. If he denies you access this can be used against him. Most family solicitors will give you the first half hour free so you could visit a couple of solicitors too. Dont know if the house is in your name or what rights he has to be there when you don’t. You might be able to argue for an exclusion order because you had to flee due to domestic violence and have him removed. Ask Rights for Women about that. Meantime keep all the evidence you can of abuse or him denying you access.

lover of no contact
      Participant

That is so very hard for you. You are in the right place posting on here. Please keep posting and reading the posts as well as getting in touch with the supports KIP advises.

Tagdigs
      Participant

Thank you so much, I recently completed the Freedom Programme and found it so helpful. I’ve seen 3 different solicitors over the now years and been told that I have to pursue action myself. Obviously I am terrified of doing this but know that as each year passes she is entirely hearing only his perspective. So glad I am away from him, I’ll give the helpline a call and look up Rights for Women. Thanks again.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content