Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      katielove
      Participant

I miss you (and I am sure others do) – are you OK?

x x x

Alone
      Participant

Hey, I know this isn’t for me, but if you click on one of Serenity’s posts and view the words under her name, you’ll see why she isn’t posting. I also miss her responding and sharing, and if she sees this I wish her well 🙂

martian29
      Participant

Serenity always seemed to know the right things to say to help everybody and took up a lot of her time supporting others. I miss her too and hope that she hasn’t been on here lately because she is finally finding serenity and peace in her own life and moving on.

Alone
      Participant

Serenity was blocked from using the forum. But I remember her saying on the old one that she has a few good sources of support, so I hope she is doing well!

x

White Rose
      Participant

That makes me so sad. A lot of us have expressed our worries that there are differences in our experiences of new site compared to the old one. However, it seems to be getting better and hopefully is working well for us all now that some teething problems have been ironed out. I still struggle with navigation though!
      Serenity isn’t out of the woods yet, she is still vulnerable and in need of support. I know she was in email contact with some users of the old forum so I hope whoever you are you keep her safe, continue to support her and if you are in contact soon then please give her my love and thanks for all the positive things she said over the year that helped build up my resistance and help me move along this difficult journey xxxxx

katielove
      Participant

Thanks everyone for responding. Alone – I didn’t know she was blocked. How can I find an old post?
      x*x

Alone
      Participant

Serenity has old posts in both the feedback and welcome sections, but it just says ‘blocked’ under her name, where ours say ‘participant’. I was trying to discretely point to it, but then realised it may not be clear what I meant, so posted again with the info!

x

Starmoon
      Participant

I miss her too. She always took the time to reply to us. I can’t understand why she’s been blocked?! I expressed my dislike for the new forum too. It was almost impossible initially although it’s allot better now. Anyway, I can imagine how detrimental it would be to be blocked from here when for some of us it’s such I life line

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Thank you for your concern about Serenity. Sadly following her frustration at the New Forum and some of the problems we have been experiencing it was Serenity’s decision to be removed from the forum. We are thankful that some of the forum problems we were experiencing have been ironed out and we very much hope that she is experiencing support off line. I understand that Serenity was a very supportive forum user and she is free to return to the forum at any time.

Best wishes,

Lisa

White Rose
      Participant

Hi Lisa
      Thanks for clarifying.
      Is it possible to use another term for members who choose to leave? “Retired” or “having a break from this site”? Something other than “BLOCKED” as this has a very different meaning for most people these days.

Savingmyself
      Participant

Yes if you have left or having time it’s not banned

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Katie Love, White Rose and others,

Thank you for asking after me. A forum user who I am in touch with told me about your enquiries.

I had a bit of a break from things.

I think I had invested so much energy in getting round Lap 1 ( realising I was married to an abuser; injunction; Cafcass ; divorce ) that I was exhausted.

Plus, I had prayed that he would lay off after the final financial hearing. Unfortunately, his games continue, so I was trying to cope with that reality.

Of course, if you stand up to a mercenary money-minded abuser, he will try to wreck you!

However, before any of you lovely beautiful ladies say ‘Oh no, see? It doesn’t get easier!’ I want to differ.

If I hadn’t stood up to him and initiated divorce, my life would have been a downward spiral of abuse, cruelty and pennilessness. My kids would have had nothing.

Yes, I had to brave his lies and his falsity, brave Cafcass’ nasty mistrust, etc, but I won the house over him ( yay!!!), I proved his illegal dealings and he ended up losing out big time.

Yes, I had panic attacks through it all, yes I had moments of despair and resignation. He tried to make my ‘babies’ ( well, teens really!) think bad of me. But I got all the advice and guidance I could.

Like many of you trauma bonded ladies, I thought he was part of me, even though he wouldn’t have cared if I had died- in fact, he would probably have laughed. I did to know how I would continue.

I remember letting out such a blood-curdling a real whilst driving one day.

Well, today I was driving and was bouncing up and down in my seat singing how free I was- and how glad I am he is gone from my space.

I have the continuing problem of him being emotionally and mentally abusive to my eldest ( his mask has fallen there ) and his spoiling my youngest. True abuser style. And yes, that set me back to panic attacks. But I am doing ok.

People say it takes 2 years to recover from divorce and longer if it was abusive.

It isn’t even two years for me and I have already discovered my joy in life. Yes, I have moments when he triggers me. But overall, I am a survivor.

I promise you all will too, if you reach out for help.

I will try to post a bit on this forum, as I missed you all. I have returned to work more, so my time is taken up more than before, but I would like to post sometimes.

Much love to you all. I hit a bit of an energy hiatus- but am ok!

💝💝💝

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Serenity

thank you for replying, you were one of the first to reply to my first post, your words have given me strength, comfort and hope.

I wish you the life you deserve.

FS xx

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Falling Skys,

How have things been with you? I have been out of the loop a bit. X*x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Serenity

Almost divorced, got a court date to sort out the financial parts as he’s refused to do it other ways, house still not sold but getting more interest, totally alienated me from my both my children now.

But I feel stronger and more positive, I can see him for what he is. Now I am learning who I am and I quite like me.

I still feel that when I am in a safe place I will make a statement to the police, even if it goes no further he will know that I know what he did to me was wrong and that will close that door for me.

I hope you will pop on site on odd occasion.

FS xx

Serenity
      Participant

Sounds like you are showing signs of a warrior! Yes, do all these things. I have shopped my ex good and proper.

I will pop in x*x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Lol I haven’t thought myself as a warrior but I do believe you are right.

FS xx

White Rose
      Participant

So glad to hear you’re bouncing along just fine. Keep happy and serene and always remember you’re a graceful swan
      Much love to you and your boys x*x

lover of no contact
      Participant

Hi Serenity,

Just wanted to say well done you!! So glad you got the house for you and your boys over him!

Theres always hope and miracles ladies, never give up fighting and trusting. With supporting each other, with our collective strength and experiences we will overcome these abusers.

Oue abusers are cowards anyway, and liars. All of us ladies are courageous and we have truth on our sides, and nothing is stronger than the truth.

Starmoon
      Participant

I’m so glad to hear you’re doing well. You were also one of the fist to reply to my first ever post and have replied to me when I’ve desperately needed someone- anyone.
      It really is so refreshing to hear that you are a true survivor and I’m sure we all totally understand you needing your time away from here xx

WanderingCloud
      Participant

Although I am not so much a frequent poster to the forums, I do log in when I am at work and your contributions are always well written with some fantastic advice so it is good to hear you are doing brilliantly. The road has been very rocky for you but you seem to be coming out of the other side. I am hoping that i too will be on that rocky road before the year is out. I am trying desperately to untrauma bond myself but it is hard though when you read stories on here of ladies who have succeeded in doing this, it is really insprirational.

Serenity
      Participant

Thank you very much for the above posts!

There were so many wonderful and wise women who haven’t posted much recently- KIP, Peaceful Pig, Flower Child, Head Cook, to name but a few.

Theirs and others’ wisdom on here got me through, ing with attending support groups and counselling.

A lot of what I have written is based upon the excellent advice and guidance I received from my local DV support, in particular one amazing lady- who, I might add, along with her colleagues, have been told they are losing their jobs due to cuts to DV services.

Don’t even get me started on how appalling I think that is. X*x

Serenity
      Participant

I mean got me through, along with

Marthamoo
      Participant

Great to hear from your Serenity and that life is looking rosy. Thank you for all your support xx

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content