Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Freedom123
      Participant

I am so lonely. I left my husband a dew months ago, I did not realise I would feel this lonely! I started having a brief fling with someone but turns our he was using me for his own gains and I feel so confused when I am with him, I dont even know If we are together. I am so lonely and I feel desperately hopeless I will never meet anyone who truly loves me. I feel hopeless used and so very lonely

KIP.
      Participant

Hi there, it’s only been a few months since you left your ex. This lonely feeling will pass. I went through a stage like this. Feeling I’d never meet anyone else. WA recommend 2 years of being single after an abusive relationship and I totally agree. For me anyway. It’s taken 2 years for me to feel any kind of normality. To begin to love myself. I’m single and now wouldn’t have it any other way. I’m loving it. Give yourself plenty of time to recover. It does get better with time x

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Freedom,

Give yourself time. Building yourself up and feeling stronger takes a long time.

A few months after my ex left, I was lonely and even considered a date with someone inappropriate – and now I would much rather spend time building myself up more.

It’s frustrating how slow the healing is, but you are moving in the right direction, I am sure.

Can you join a support group of some kind? Also, do things that will make you feel pampered and cared for.

You will find your independent spirit soon enough. X*x

Freedom123
      Participant

Thankyou so much for replying. To my mind 2 years seems such a long time! But a small part of me knows its best. I feel ashamed I let my ing treat me so wrong. I tried to kiss him eaier and he pushed me off of him and left. Sone days we are cuddling and seem so happy then he is tellomg me he feels guilty and cannot see me. Then like today he came round and acted as if nothing was going on between us! I have deted his number and I really hope I am.strong and I dont see him again. I really need a support group but what one! The “I am flinging myself at anyone” group lol. I just feel consumed with loneliness. I invested emotions in the fling, I thought he was lovely and we could eventually be happy. Turns out I was wrong again!!,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content