Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      thepoppygirl
      Participant

I’ve recently been raped by my partner and have a hard time processing it it feels unreal. It’s made me depressed. And I know I’m not alone but I don’t want to tell my friends or family and it just weighs me down. I don’t really know what I’m looking for, I guess I’m just getting it off my chest.

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, I was raped by my husband and it’s the most awful betrayal imaginable. It tears at our soul. You must speak to someone about it. Maybe your GP or rape crisis who have a wonderful helpline. This kind of abuse thrives on silence. It’s illegal and you might want to consider making a report to the police when you’re ready x

KIP.
      Participant

I kept this secret for a long time and it does cause depression and learned helplessness. You really need help to get past this x contact your local women’s aid for support or ring the national domestic abuse helpline number 24/7.

fizzylem
      Participant

This is awful TPG, yes you really need some support here. Can you get away from this man? Move in with family or friends? You need a place of safety don’t you. This is not your shameful secret, it is his, his behaviour is dispicable. Keeping quiet will not serve you here at all in anyway. Please call rape crisis to talk things through, they are very supportive and can help you a great deal, you’re in unknown territory here so need to think things through after having gleaned some information, so you can make sound, informed decisions. I used to hide what was going on from the world and everyone I knew, I didn’t want people to see we didn’t have that perfect family and relationship. It was such an enormous relief to let this go – when I realised I can not deal with him or this alone. You would not be reporting when you call, it is confidential and they are there to offer support and advice. So sorry to read this happened to you x

iliketea
      Participant

I’m so sorry, of course its hard to process, that is totally understandable, the people we love and who love us shouldn’t do things to hurt us. The advice above is good. Sending strength to you. xx

Alittlelost
      Participant

My partner has done this to me. I’m still with that partner and things arnt the same. I’m heart broken but I cant find it in me to leave yet. I know I need to leave though.i warn you now he has done it once to you he will again and you do need to leave for your own well being when your ready and it’s safe to. Hugs. Your not alone.

Fudgecake
      Participant

Hi TPG,
      It’s awful to experience this ever and you took a brave step posting on here to talk about it. You will feel depressed and also a whole myriad of other emotions. Contact your GP and rape crisis for support. And keep posting here for support too. Remember that none of what we experience is ever our fault. We don’t deserve it and we are entitled to respect from everyone , especially our partner.You will come through this. Take care x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content