Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

When I was in my twenties I suffered several sexual attacks from men on my way home from work. They were only not able to rape me because I fought like a lioness.
      Nobody helped me and I had to brush the experiences off.
      I think this is coming back now and haunts me.
      The abuse I suffered during my marriage made everything I had to deal with much worse. Now, that I am out my whole life collapses over my head. These sexual attacks began to reoccur in my memory and I have flashbacks from them all of a sudden too. I do not know what to do.

Confused123
      Participant

Hey Hun

Sorry to hear u exprienced been attack, i would phone a rape crisis help line,it doesnt matter if it happened a long time ago they will be able to relate more and guide u, may be even a case of u need to just talk it out , i know when i was younger some one tried to attack me and that two session with a rape counsellor has help me be able to deal with it

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Ayanna, sorry to hear the pain you have suffered. I agree with Confused123, talking to someone about it really does go a long way. You are safe now.

Best wishes

Lisa

Ayanna
      Participant

Thank you! Yes, I should really contact rape crisis again. I spoke to them once and they told me that I was let down by the system and I was not told the full truth about my options of taking my ex to court over the rapes. That affected me so badly that I did not ring again. I could not cope with the fact that I was let down with this as well. The betrayal hurt too much. I preferred to be quiet in order to cope with my life. I know that rape crisis are willing to help me and they would address these attacks as well. I just do not feel strong enough to accept their help. Does this sound weird?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content