Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Velveteenbun
      Participant

So I picked my son up from school early and got home before his dad realised. He showed up at my door 15 monutes later he was angry and demanded to be let in, saying he wanted to see his son. I refused to open the door to him (I learnt that is a bad idea the hard way). He managed to control his temper and did eventually leave when he realised I was calling the police. He toom it out on my garden gate instead.
      I probably just opened pandoras box bit I am feeling quite high that I have not given in to him and I stood up to him this time.
      Hopefully he doesn’t come back tonight. My poor son wanted to see his dad and couldn’t understand why I wouldn’t open the door to him. The minute he left he was fine I hate that he keeps dragging our son into this mess. I woupd never have done that and turned up at his house and risk upsetting our child.
      He police have logged I rang so if he comes back but for now I think he has learnt that violence towards me doesn’t get him what he wants so he is refraining from it. Goes to show he has never lost control in the past he just didn’t think I would ever press charges for it.

KIP.
      Participant

Very well done. This is the only language they understand. They’re not frightened of you but they are cowards when it comes to police and courts etc. Nasty selfish behaviour. He now knows he won’t get away with violent behaviour. It escalates when they don’t get their own way. Huge tantrums. Take a picture of the damage to the gate too.

Velveteenbun
      Participant

He told our son through the door to smash everything up in my house.
      I am worried he might have a drink and stew over my latest transgression and come back later. I hope he goes to his parents and they calm him down and stop him coming back round

Falling Skys
      Participant

So proud of how you handled this situation, as kip says take pictures, write down by hand what happen while fresh in your mind. And if he returns don’t hesitate to contact the police.

FS x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content