Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Starla
      Participant

He wants an equal parenting arrangement. My children are still tiny. I’m a stay at home mum. In a total panic. His correspondence presumes that this is what will happen. I can’t lose my babies that much. It doesn’t make any sense, he never wanted equal parenting before, though he would probably say that was due to my grabbing it all. I’m in a total panic. Please someone tell me it won’t happen.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Dear Starla

Huge support to you love.

Please tell everyone that will listen and write to everyone that you can, what he is, what he has done and that he cannot be responsible for these little lives. I suspect he is simply trying to avoid maintenance payments to you.

Tell your health visitor, gp, get incidents catalogued with police where he put your babies and you at risk.

Don’t stop til they listen to you love

Warmest wishes ts

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Starla

I would encourage you to get some legal advice so you know where you stand. Local domestic abuse services quite often have some initial free legal support. You can find details of your local service here https://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic-abuse-directory/

Rights of Women also have a family law advice line you can contact http://rightsofwomen.org.uk/get-advice/family-law/

The helpline is also always available and may be able to give you details of other useful services, you can contact the helpline on 0808 2000 247, you may need to leave a voicemail for a call back if you cant get through to a live helpline worker straight away.

Take care and keep posting

Lisa

also the following might be useful to contact MATCH here is their blurb:
      MATCH is a charity that offers non-judgemental support and information to mothers apart from their children in a wide variety of circumstances. Our members include those who are sharing parenting and those who have little or no contact. We believe that children have a basic human right to continue to be part of a loving, nurturing family network for life, no matter how many times that family re-makes itself, no matter where their mothers live.

Me:
      In the main I would really try not to panic. Ex partners often make loud noises about shared parenting but then they sometimes lose interest when they realise how much work it is.

keep posting
      ftc
      x

Shipoffools
      Participant

Hi there,

Firstly don’t panic…but do be pro action…go get legal advise ideally with a solicitor that understands DV (don’t be afraid to ask when you book an appointment) and keep records and gather any proof of ex’s DV behaviour towards you/you’re children.

This evidence builds a case to be used against your ex showing the courts why he isn’t safe to have shared parenting…

Courts cost money, hopefully he will loose interest and not want to pay thousands to take you to court….to get an order for shared parenting.

But gather your evidence just in case….then you have it ready…courts like to see evidence of actions they aren’t keen on word of mouth as its not actual proof unless it’s coming from an independent witness…luck good xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content