Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Alone
      Participant

I’m at work so I can’t write much, but the relative I live with became violent towards me, I was shoved head first into a wall, and fell backwards onto the floor.

He seemed to gloat afterwards, now claims he bumped into me.

I can’t deal with this, haven’t I been through enough already?? :'(

xx

KIP.
      Participant

Time to put yourself first. He won’t change. There is no accountability for his actions.

Lucyloo
      Participant

I’m going through the same 🙁

Lucyloo
      Participant

Have you been together long? Has this happened before?

SaharaD
      Participant

Honestly….I am not shocked.

These are the same family members who were complicit with your mother’s leadership of abuse of you. Maybe he felt it was time that you remembered where you place was and that nothing had changed really regarding your position in the family. And that position being you are lower than the family pets…probably in their opinion lower than the toilet. They wouldn’t rip the toilet out and throw it on the street if it didn’t flush would they?

You’re whole family is abusive and I know you didn’t call the police on him probably because you don’t believe that you would be believed.

So you picked yourself up. Dusted yourself off and went to work like normal. This is your “normal”. Being abused is normal to you.

I and the other ladies will tell you however that there is nothing normal about this and suggest you make plans to leave for a safe place (preferably a refuge) before something worse happens. They don’t view as human and they view as a plaything that they can discard when they want to.

(detail removed by Moderator) From the very first time you wrote that you were not allowed food and it made your health condition worse. (detail removed by Moderator)

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Alone,

Would reporting this aid you in getting a room in a safe place?

I agree with Sahara- you shouldn’t be in his vicinity. You deserve to be far, far away from your family, in a safe place.

You won’t need much- just a safe environment- to begin to rise up and feel human again.

This man is a risk. Don’t let him take over from where your mother left off. You deserve more x

Confused123
      Participant

Hi HUn

So sorry to hear what u going through, call the helpline for support and guidance, not sure of your story whats happened but can pick up your mum was abusive, can u get this person to leave or do u all live together, is there anyway u can make other living arrangements,sending u hug

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content