Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • #19517

      I still own a property with my ex. He has a criminal record and is on sex offenders register (detail removed by Moderator). The question is, as I own a property with him still, should I go to court and sit in the public gallery? I have no other way of finding out what is happening (detail removed by Moderator). If he does I will need to soft out house etc myself. I’m getting divorced, but due to trauma etc it took me ages to get round to it! His family take the view that I’m the ‘crazy’ ex so will not inform me of anything.

    • #19518

      I dont think you should go Kitty. Any contact with him even just seeing him is likely to really affect your emotions. If its just a case of you needing to find out if he goes to prison you should be able to find this out from his probation officer.

    • #19521

      Can you not sort the house out just now? What would happen if you sell and do not involve him? Banks have ways of finding out things, so you do not have to get involved directly.

    • #19524

      he is renting it out (without my permission) so I have applied for a financial order to sell it as part of the divorce. He changed the locks when he found out I was in a new relationship, but that backfired when I just moved in with my partner.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content