Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Freedompoppy
      Participant

It’s been (detail removed by moderator) no contact with my abuser, he is with someone new. I’m struggling with the fact I have to rebuild my life and seeing everyone around me move on. The kids dad ( no abusive ) has a new partner and he deserves all the happiness but my daughter come back (detail removed by moderator) saying I have a new step mum and dads really happy and I have more fun there. Even though it’s half term and he’s (detail removed by moderator) but not seeing them. I’m lucky I have two best friends and a good family. But I feel so jealous and then though would the kids be happier with their dad ( even though he wouldn’t haven’t them full tim) I feel so hurt and should I have moved on by now. My kids are happy and they have never seen me sad or my ex weren’t around them but are they feeling my loneliness because their dad lives with his mum and brother so all cousins are there too. Please help I just feel I’m being constantly knocked back when I’m trying so hard to move forward… it’s hard enough my ex abuser is seen as this such a nice man and a popular girlfriend all plaster over social media. Was it just me he was like it with? 🥲

Darcy
      Participant

Good morning beautiful Angel …. Freedompoppy,
      I am sorry to read you are struggling so much.
      What I get from reading your post is that you are comparing your life with other peoples and in truth there is no comparison.
      You are a unique human being, put on this earth to just be you. If you are trying to be like everyone else who is going to be you!
      Take the focus off everyone else and just focus on you.
      Believe me, everyone else aren’t as happy and as sorted as they appear and even if they are, using your energy to focus on them is taking the energy that you could be using on you.
      Sit with the feelings you are having for a while, jealousy, loneliness… start to ask some questions around this. If you want to be loved, ask yourself are you really loving yourself right now? Are you giving out loving thoughts, jealousy is not a loving thought!
      Are you being kind to yourself and treating you body respectfully with healthy food and exercise and are you treating your mind well with loving and kind thoughts about yourself.
      The other weekend I did a post about intentions … maybe look back at this. What are your intentions? Because right now all your focus is on is other peoples intentions… its time to make you the focus and set out what you want in YOUR life.
      While you constantly compare yourself to others you will never be happy… start to be the one others want to compare themselves with.
      You are amazing and your purpose in this life is to be you, because you are enough.
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content