Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      SmallSteps@aTime
      Participant

I’ve recently found out that he had (detail removed by moderator) – should I report him to the police? I am worried the police might disclose who I am? I’ve had enough of his constant anti covid bombardment

Darcy
      Participant

Hi my beautiful Angel… Smallsteps@atime,
      Wow… what a question!
      I think in an abusive situation this is a bit more complex than just right or wrong
      Of course what he is doing is wrong in the eyes of the law and I would think morally wrong to most other people
      However, what is your intention in telling the police, what do you want your outcome to be and is this likely to happen? Every action has a reaction, what will this one be to you?
      Absolutely you should not protect him or his bad behaviour and after the 2 years the world has had with covid no one wants a repeat of this by people being reckless. However you do need to protect yourself and as unfortunately most of the women on this forum know, living with an abuser is like living on a knife edge on a good day, let alone on a day when our partner is upset about something and like a bear with a sore head, there is only one guess who they will take it out on
      If it was me I would keep the focus on me, what your partner is doing is wrong and I believe that karma knows where everyone lives and sooner or later it will catch up with him in what ever shape or form this takes
      Your first and foremost intention has to be to protect yourself and keep yourself safe
      I know from my own experience of living with someone who operates on the wrong side of the law that going to the police is a complete no, no and a betrayal in their eyes. That is not me saying we should not stand up to people like this, what I am just asking is, is this the fight you want to fight right now, when you have your own battle going on with him anyway and would it be safe to do so if it all exploded?
      I would also consider who else is involved in this operation and would be able to work out that the information came from you
      Please do not read this as I am condoning his bad behaviour, focus on getting yourself out of this entire situation so you don’t have to be around people like this who put you in this predicament
      The main thing though my darling is that you stay safe yourself, there is a another life out there for you, a better life, a safer life, a happier life… stay strong
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

KIP.
      Participant

You can report him anonymously if you want to but only if it’s safe to do so and won’t add to your anxiety. I reported my ex and don’t regret it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content