Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ariel
      Participant

My mind is in constant conflict. One minute I think right I’ve had enough of his constant mood swings and making everyone in the house miserable. The next I feel guilty and think how can I break up our family. Also I’m still thinking I know he will never leave. But I don’t want to rent a place and have the children come and go. They want to stay in the house with whichever parent. This question has already gone on too long. I need to make 2018 the year my life changes…..

Lightness
      Participant

Are you able to make a list of the things that he does?
      IF he is abusive to you, remember that the abuse will get worse over time.
      Also it is important to know that if you are experiencing abuse it is very damaging to your mental health – you may not realise it because the brain is very good at making us feel we can just go on coping.

You mention feeling guilty – that is exactly how abusers programme us to feel. They want us to take the blame while they don’t accept any responsibility.

Ariel
      Participant

Yes I thought about a list then for some reason didn’t do it. I will start it. Thank you x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content