Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Eve1
      Participant

For some reason my ex hasn’t made a maintenance payment (detail removed). He has never not paid before and I was relying on that payment(detail removed). I feel stupid for doing this and that I still rely on his payments to make ends meet. The fact that he hasn’t paid makes me think the reason is he’s decided not going to pay any more. Because of her age he would stop paying at a point this year anyway, but that’s quite a way off. I’ve texted him about it, (the only way I communicate with him) but he hasn’t replied yet. If he’s at work then he can’t have his phone on him. so I may not hear all day.

I feel annoyed with myself that I was relying on that money today, but it’s just after Xmas and I am broke. I also have a horrible feeling in my stomach that this is not a one off and he’s decided not to pay any more and I will have to confront him. I feel sick. So annoying he can still have this affect on me after many years.

Thanks for listening

Eve

KIP.
      Participant

Go back to the CMA. Report the breach and get them to chase him immediately. Don’t contact him directly unless it’s an emergency. Get someone else to ring on your behalf but could it be just the bank delaying payment for some reason. Maybe the payment will go in later today but if not I’d definitely report it immediately. It will take some time to chase him so the sooner you get the ball rolling the better x

hop
      Participant

If you go through the maintenance company just ring them up and ask them. My ex used to change the days he paid me to deliberately mess me up. I had to stop myself being so reliant on his money because of his d****g around. It took time but there’s no bills I use that money for now. I hope you get it and you’re not being totally screwed over by him. I hope you can sort it out 💖

Eve1
      Participant

Thanks ladies. He replied. Our daughter has given up her A level studies, she was having a lot of panic attacks, got behind and was very, very low about it. At present she’s not in education, so apparently he doesn’t have to pay maintenance. I thought he just paid it until she was 18. So it seems he’s right. (detail removed) don’t know if it counts as full time education, I’ll check with the Child Maintenance service tomorrow. I’ll bet he’s rubbing his hands.

Eve

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content