Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Help my daughter has just told me that she sleeps in the same bed as her Dad when she stays the night. She is a primary school age. I really don’t think its appropriate. I don’t know what to do. I don’t think any thing has happened but surely he knows thats not appropriate?

Serenity
      Participant

Definitely not appropriate.

Is there anyone who you can speak to?

No its not appropriate. What is the reason for this, a bed issue?

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

Hi I have similar concerns regarding my children with their dad. There’s been unwanted tickling, worrying recurrent dreams, my daughter says she has seen his girlfriend naked and my children have to share a room with each other even though due to their different genders and their ages they probably shouldn’t. Nothing major but enough to worry me especially given his history (which I suspect is the plan).
      Have a look at the PANTS initiative on the NSPCC website and go through it with your daughter so she knows what is OK and what isn’t and so she knows not to keep secrets.
      It could be completely harmless if she’s feeling unsettled there and needing comfort or it could be quite the opposite. That’s the awful thing, not being there to know or protect. It’s really positive that she talks so openly with you. Encourage her to keep doing this. The NSPCC were really helpful when I talked my situation through with them recently x*x

Ayanna
      Participant

Just contact the NSPCC, they will take care of this.

The flat is small and she was meant to be sleeping on camp bed but found it uncomfortable. She seems fine with it, but He is the adult he should know its not appropriate.
      I am worried about talking to social services as this is not the first time he has been investigated and he always makes it look as if i am being malicious reporting him. Do you think I should challenge him directly first – only concern with that is if he then tries to tell her not to talk to me etc. Its a really fine line between not over reacting but reinforcing boundaries and protecting my daughter. I can not do nothing but I am not sure what is for the best.

Partly I wonder if he is doing it to worry me………. he has form on that !

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content