Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      blueDreams
      Participant

i got away from him finally. but now im sleeping for 3/4ths of the day and i get fevers. i got sick last time i tried to leave him too but i have responsibilities and i dont know how to do them when i am so tired.

thank you all for the support i needed to get away. this next step (getting better) is going to be hard too but i know that i can do it and i k ow that you guys can do it too. we’re stronger than people know. we’ve accomplished crazy things even though some of you might not be able to see that right now. good luck to all of you. dont stop looking for help. its out there.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi blueDreams,

Thank you for posting. It is great to hear you are away from your abuser. How are you feeling today? Give yourself time and be kind to yourself- you have been through so much and it will take time to recover.

Keep posting to us when you can.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Empoweredhealing
      Participant

blueDreams, right after leaving, I had the same feelings of Despair/Devastation. I’ve never been so sad in my life. These are all normal feelings after leaving an abusive relationship. Please take care of yourself. Things that helped me were spending time in nature, exercise or walk, listening to music, reading books from experts (Patricia Evans/Lundy Bancroft), journalling, therapy…And above all, acknowledging my pain and speaking to myself gently.

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, just wanted to give you support, leaving an abuser is like breaking a drug addiction It’s normal to go through this awful withdrawal stage but just know if you keep going, things will get better. Even if it doesn’t feel like it just now. There are many phases to recovery. Remembering ‘this too shall pass’ was good for me. I had to limit myself to three things a day when we split. That could be opening Mail, putting bins out snd doing a washing. So be very kind to yourself, prioritise and take baby steps. Make sure you eat and drink even when you feel you can’t it’s really important to keep up your strength.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content