Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      AnkaBa
      Participant

So today I have a meeting with someone at my local woman’s aid for the first time to get support. I feel very scared and like I ma betraying my partner, I’m not too sure how to feel, I’m very anxious and feel guilty for doing this, but I hope to feel better afterwards, fingers crossed

you are brave, and you are strong x

AnkaBa
        Participant

Thank you so much x

KIP.
      Participant

I too felt guilty but that’s because of all the programming and brainwashing. Abusers use a FOG. Fear Obligation and Guilt to control us. You are perfectly entitled to visit women’s aid for advice. Just go along and keep an open mind. It totally changed my life, for the better.

AnkaBa
        Participant

I’ve never heard of FOG before and now reading about it makes so much sense. Thank you very much x

Cecile
      Participant

The FOG and the trauma bond are what them to us. What you are doing is very sensible, brave, courageous, intelligent and safe for you. You must prioritise keeping YOU safe. Good luck, you can do it.

lostonmyown
      Participant

Good luck! You’re being brave and should be proud of yourself for that. Similarly to you, I’m taking slow steps to reach out for support to get out of my abusive relationship. We can do this x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content