Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Texas
      Participant

My weekly update.

So in therapy I have moved on from talking about the Devil to finding out why I got into what I did in the first place. It is all about what I believe I deserve. I am starting to learn how to make friends with myself. Got a long way to go but making sure I do one nice thing for myself each day. I have even bought myself a Valentines gift to show myself some love!

Small steps but feeling happier and stronger each day. I am now writing in my journal what I am grateful for every day.

Hand in there, it gets better x*x

Sad and alone
      Participant

Are you in or out of your relationship Texas? I keep thinking I’d actually like to try counselling just to sort my head out. My whole life the thought of talking to anyone like that about anything was never something I wanted to do. But sometimes just having yourself to talk to can make you feel crazy, or make you start doubting yourself.

minimeerkat
        Participant

hope its ok to say this, but my counselling is done over the phone so am wondering if this would be an easier way for you to talk to one yourself, maybe helping with any anxiety or discomfort you might feel x

Texas
      Participant

I’m out. It was hard, but I can see now it is better for me in the long run.

I would say give it a try. Sometimes it’s good to just have that safe space to feel heard and validated without judgement.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content