Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Loveis
      Participant

I never really realised how it is possible to be surrounded by people but feel so alone. Now I do.
      I just feel so helpless. I can hear them downstairs all normal and I’m upstairs not allowed to be with them. I want to cry out for help but I just can’t. Sometimes I think if I was to do something to myself then surely someone will have to help me but I can’t do that to my kids and I’ll just be attention seeking. I see people at work and they talk about their lives and I come home to this and I know i must have done something wrong and I need to change but I don’t know how.

Put the kettle on
      Participant

Hi loveis,
      I’m sorry you’re experiencing this.
      It’s really hard so well done for reaching out this evening. Could you discuss this with your GP tomorrow or a trusted friend?
      You haven’t done anything wrong and you don’t deserve what you’re going through, it’s how abusers want us to feel. They knock our confidence and self esteem to make themselves feel better.

Loveis
      Participant

I just feel so sad and I’m sorry because I know you must be experiencing something too but I just don’t know what to do. I want to scream and cry but I don’t want anyone to hear me.
      I just went to try and do (detail removed by Moderator), I’m just trying to do the right thing.

Shazza
      Participant

Hi Loveis,
      I’m so so sorry that you are feeling like this right now. I get it, I really really do. You are not on your own. We are all hear for you anytime you need. Just reach out when you need to. Do you have any trusted friends/family that you can talk to about how you are feeling right now? If not that’s OK, just keep posting here. I promise you can get through this and these feelings will pass. They are so so hard to push through when we are feeling them but you can do this, for yourself and your kids. Just take some breaths, concentrate only on your breathing. Take it minute by minute ok. There are helplines you can reach out to if you need to as well. We’ve got you. Feel free to message me anytime if you need a chat x*x

Loveis
      Participant

Thank you so much Shazza, it really does help knowing there are people out there. Xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content