Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Benson
      Participant

I am so angry! I need to do something about this, but don’t know where to start so I am hoping someone on here will give me advice, as apparently in the area where I now live they haven’t come across this before!!!!!!! Today went to I I up my child’s prescription when I was told there was nothing in that name. When moving and registering I had spoken to GP and they have notes of the MARAC so know the seriousness of the situation. Told them my child’s now known as different name to keep us safe so can’t be traced, they out this on the computer system (can’t officially change her name as father has PR and has to agree, although he is not allowed to see her!). Anyway the pharmacist rang the GP surgery and turns out issued in her old name, so pharmacist then told me that they have a prescription for this name, all in front of my child, so they are now questioning me why she has two different names- she is far too young for me to start explaining! Again this was also discussed in busy pharmacy so all could hear, so a lot of people now know her real name. Anyway I got home and rang the surgery to complain, spoke to manager who had never dealt with anything like this before and was going to seek advice. Anyway I have now been told her real name has to stay on all medication and on system as its legal requirement, but when she is at surgery for appointment they can refer to her with her new name. So now what do I do? Medication needs to go to nursery, but has old name on and so they will know. For the rest of her life the name will always be on prescription, so a constant reminder and she will always ask the questions. This cannot be fair, we moved for our safety and tried hard to put steps in place to stay safe. Any ideas of what I can do as I can’t have this issue everytime plus it is really not fair on my little child, it is very confusing.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Could you request that her notes are changed write to the GP also your solicitor will guide you. The only thing is would this require you removing his PR and responsibilities ? Xx a if you have a no contact order this is sometimes the next step unfortunately very lengthy xx

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Im confused, as I’m sure you are to Maddog, how is it when people are given new identities through witness protection this issue is never raised. I think you might have to go legal and start with police, local councillor, mp. Court of human rights too if needs be. Best of luck, this is so not what you need right now.😠
      IWMB 💕💕

KIP.
      Participant

Obtaining a Court Order for a Child’s Name Change, under special circumstances, or through a court order, a parent can sometimes change their child’s name without gaining consent from all those with parental responsibility. Speak to your solicitor.

KIP.
      Participant

Deedpoll…..

7. Changing a child’s name when the mother has good reason for not wanting to contact the father for his consent
      To change a child’s surname by where the father’s whereabouts is known, we usually need either the father’s consent or a court that gives the mother permission to change her child’s name without the father’s consent. However, if the mother has good reason for not wanting to contact the father for his consent, it may be possible to change her child’s surname without the father’s consent or a court order. Examples of situations where we will accept a Deed Poll application from a mother in such circumstances are:

The mother has fled the family home to escape violence or abuse from the father and is at risk or fearful of being located.
      The mother is fearful of contacting the father because of past abuse (physical or mental) towards her or her children.
      The father is in prison for a serious offence such as murder, rape or other sexual offence and the mother and children do not wish to be associated by name to the father.
      Where a court has issued a No Contact order or a Non-molestation order

Benson
      Participant

Thank you for this KIP. So helpful, so this is going to be the next step. I will let you know how it progresses!

KIP.
      Participant

Great. Never give up…… you’ve come so far 👍

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Brilliant KIP, you’re so on this. It’s bl..dy amazing how kicka.. women really are., without men taking charge and roadrailling us. I keep seeing the line from ‘the Women who run with wolves’, where the younger women is standing on the shoulders of an old lady and she on the shoulders of an older lady and on and on back through to when time began. We pass on the information we’ve learned onto the next generation. This is what this forum is exactly like. 😊😊😊

IWMB 💕💕

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content