Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jelly bean
      Participant

Why is it that he can just swan into my house acting like nothing ever happened and he’s dad of the year?

It’s the way he’s got that smug look on his face because he knows that he’s managed to work his way into everyone’s head to make it look like I’m the bad one and he’s the victim in all this. I can’t even walk the streets of the area we live because everyone thinks I’m some kind of monster.

Not long now till the court hearing about access to the kids so fingers crossed I won’t have to put up with seeing him for much longer.

I just feel angry. Sick. Hateful. Infact in my head I’ve screamed the house down
      at him, showed the world what he’s really like and got him out of my life for good. But in reality.. I’m sat close to a panic attack in a different room of my house counting the minutes down until he goes so I can lock myself in the house and shut the world out.

lover of no contact
      Participant

Yes, call him every name under the sun. I did about my abuser. I wrote down every curse word I could think of (and I used to not curse back then lol ), the worse the better.

Yes ‘the smug’ look of an abuser. I know it! Mine had that smug look too and it would make my blood boil. Well his smug grin was wiped off his face when he didn’t get his way as he thought he would down the courts and he was not as in control as he thought he was!

Ah yes, their smug look is their arrogance, their grandiosity and their entitlement all rolled into one!

Losers!

Confused123
      Participant

Don’t know what they so smug about , but yeah recognise that smugness , suppose it’s then thinking they still in control , don’t worry it will disappear eventually and we can slowly rebuild our lives , my ex was smug about how he could keep contact with me if he wanted and told police too , got so much satisfaction out of just saying u r an abuser , he was actually speechless for min ….it was like what ?

Jelly bean
      Participant

Love that comment!

My counsellor told me to try writing it all down to talk through when I start back up again, might try it and I’ll bare that in mind! Lol.

Fingers crossed the same happens for me and the courts wipe the smug look off his face too.

Losers indeed chick x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content