Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      RedGiraffe
      Participant

Bare with me here trying to get across my annoyance but also not give to many details that will get removed, I just need to vent!

So, he’s still living here and as far as I can tell he hasn’t even told his family we’ve split (but then that will mean he’s accepted it’s over and letting me go – plus opening up a load of questions like ‘why’) anyway not today’s problem just a bit of back story for anyone who doesn’t know my posts!

So we have an event coming up which means I have had to carefully think about people and numbers to go inside the government guidelines and ensuring social distancing is in place! This gave me a massive headache and took me ages to sort! He gave NO input and left me to sort… I asked him questions about preferences for his side but just had vague none helpful answers!

Anyway so the event is very very soon and I had found out he hadn’t even mentioned it to his side! This then left me to message (otherwise I would be the bad person when they show at the wrong time and there’s too many people so they can’t come)… messaged a polite message, explaining why I had to give certain times (as if with the pandemic I should have to explain anyway) to then receive a message back complaining and that they were planning on coming at a different time!

So they were just going to show up without any sort of notice beforehand, in a pandemic with social distancing rules and guidelines to follow not caring about who was here! I’m so angry! I said to him that it shouldn’t be me sorting this out! I’m so cross it’s up to me and once again I’m the bad guy 🙁

I have no idea how much of this will be readable/ deleted but I really needed to get it off of my chest before I went crazy!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Vent away! You’re in the right place. I totally feel what you are saying. My abuser did absolutely nothing regarding anything. Everything was left for me to sort out and organise, aswell as the kids too.

Actually at times it felt like having another child! They just don’t seem to be bothered about anything, quite happy for the women to do all of the dirty work, but they’re there giving the orders and telling you this and that wasn’t right. X

RedGiraffe
        Participant

I really am so annoyed! It seems every event is clouded by something he’s done (nor not done)! I did the hard part of sorting and organising so everyone could stay safe and still have a good time! What’s annoyed me too is that they just assumed they could turn up whenever they wanted without so much as a message confirming… I would never just turn up to something (I even message my parents beforehand asking permission to visit)…

Yeah he’s always giving orders and this will end up an argument because he will expect me to change other peoples times to fit around his family even tho I asked him ages ago to help me with this 🙁 I shouldn’t have to deal with this anymore! I ended the relationship, it’s not my fault he won’t leave and haven’t told them… Eugh! Altho I am interested in seeing how he is with me when they are around!

Anonymous
      Inactive

No doubt his great acting skills will come into play while his family are there!

I don’t blame you for being mad, I’d be the same. You shouldn’t change anyone’s times to fit around his family, you’ve done enough in organising the actual event! Let him throw a strop over it. Hopefully he’ll do it around others and then they’ll be able to see his true colours too xx

RedGiraffe
        Participant

He’s a better actor than that… I have no doubt he will be the ‘perfect gentleman’ and worlds best father with people present!

Anonymous
        Inactive

This reminds me of someone 🤔

RedGiraffe
      Participant

He gave into his family and he’s moved their time without even asking what I had planned during that ‘extra’ time I had left… Eugh! I don’t want to deal with this anymore!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content