Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Whosthatgirl
      Participant

I wish i could stop feeling so broken but I just feel he’s got everything he wanted and I’m so gutted. Leaving me got him security, new love and access to his favourite child. He’s re-written history. No one believed my son and I. no one cared and i can barely function whilst he’s smug in the knowledge he’s won. if I’d had the strength to leave him it may have all been different but I never would have managed it. I was so paralysed. I know how pathetic i sound and i hate myself for feeling this way. You’re the only people who won’t judge me i know.

Peacethroughhealing
      Participant

You have to hold onto the fact that he will repeat the pattern. I’ve been broken and last year was so terrible. He said he would destroy me and he almost did. Now he’s getting more work, has met someone new, has been sober for a good amount of time now thank to my support getting him through it. He’s a user and a n********t. I was so in love with him but these men are vile vampires who suck you dry and throw you away when you are surplus to requirements. When I ousted him the abuse got worse until the point that I had to get away from him. He didn’t care how he was with me anymore because he was already moving on in his head to start a new scenario. Just be thankful you are away from him. I hurt every day but it’s getting a little bit easier.

Peacethroughhealing
      Participant

‘Outed’ not ‘ousted’.

I went to the police last year and it was dealt with terribly and I felt like it was taken as just a petty we argument between two sensible people. I’ve kept going though and I’ll keep going now until I get justice.

Whosthatgirl
      Participant

Thank you Peacethroughhealing. I know i should count my blessings but with the way everything has been handled i know the abuse is about to ramp up too as they’ve basically told him he’s perfect. Love and strength to you x*x

Peacethroughhealing
      Participant

I agree with you as the same thing happened to me and all that I can do is to hang onto the fact that at least I’m away from him although I see him a lot at work. These men are clever and they do everything by their own book so that a lot is hidden. I hope I can get justice and leave him in the mess he left me. He was a user and he took what he could get and then has moved on to his next victim and he is the one crying victim which is absolutely ridiculous. Keep going. x

lover of no contact
      Participant

I heard the other day in regards to vengeance and the abuser that the future will take care of that..for us.

They will dig their own graves. Their pack of cards will come tumbling down. Although many abusers do seem to make it to a ripe old age always landing on their feet. Often their health is better than ours even though they drink and drug it..but as they always put themselves first (and we don’t), some of them end up living longer.

I haven’t got any justice with mine. He’s got away with everything and still has his family and flying monkeys around him. He has a new supply who is smitten with him and running around after him (like I did). My only consolation is he is left with himself. He can’t run from the horrible person he is and has to be with himself and his toxic thinking and behaviours. He’ll never change and will be left in a hell of his own making for eternity. If he hadn’t been so awful (especial to my children brainwashing and alienating them against me and bullying one child) I might have a small bit of compassion but no I’ll save my compassion for myself and my children and all those who were in the receiving end of his cruelty.

Peacethroughhealing
      Participant

I have absolutely no compassion either. He was an alcoholic when I met him and I went through the mill with him helping him through detox and to sobriety. He is now almost (removed by moderator) years sober and this was to be our time to move forward but he became abusive and got worse and worse until he just started making a fool of me. He almost destroyed me and it’s taken a number of months to get to this stage but I am going to do all that I can to get justice. I have an officer coming out to me to go over a timeline and then we will take it from there. The company that I work for are aware of his actions now and it’s up to me to go ahead and make a statement to them. First I want to see what the police have to say as they hand;ed things so badly last year it was unbelievable and I’ve yet to put a complaint in about that. After interviewing him last year a female office told me that he obviously still loved me very much and that he wasn’t angry with me – after calling me up by mistake looking for him and had the wrong mobile number. I want to wait and see what happens now going forward but I will not leave it. Given the state I was in last year, his time is coming and I will do all that I can through the authorities to get justice.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content