Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Newgirl
      Participant

Evening all, I hope we are all managing ok. I am so ready to leave and honestly I’m so excited but yet I can’t physically say it! Why! It makes me so cross! He is a drinker and the accusations always come out then. He says things like we are over because I’m cheating (I’m not) then next day says we must have a discussion and that never happens. I’m fed up of living on edge all the time and waiting for that day to come but I still can’t say the words. I’m exhausted by it all, even though I keep telling myself I’m in control. Is this normal? Will something just make me say it one day? I want it so bad! I’m ready for it! I know I will be free one day I have to be

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Newgirl,

It’s okay to take as long as you need. You don’t owe him an explanation and you don’t have to be able to say the words before you’re allowed to leave. Women’s Aid would actually advise that the safest way to leave is not to tell an abuser beforehand as leaving can be a dangerous time when abuse can escalate as the abuser tries to keep their control and stop you from leaving. It’s important that you do things at a pace and in a way that is right for you.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Stargirlxo
      Participant

I’ve Newley left a physical and mental abusive relationship we have 3 kids and it’s hard it’s all up in the air like I’m the worst person all his actions and all the things he done I was to blame somewhere along the way. I’m just finding it hard but I’m just trying to think positive that I’m 4 months time it will all die down and that I can sit there and say I’ve made the right decision because I’m regretting it but I know it’s just the manipulation again.

Newgirl
      Participant

100 percent lovely you have done so well to leave with 3 kids and it must be hard. It’s easier to stay I know that but I don’t want too. Keep doing one day at a time and you will soon feel better. Well done it’s a massive step done

spiritedaway
      Participant

none of it is easy is it, its just all challenging

Newgirl
      Participant

You are so right there!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content