Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Chocolatebunnie
      Participant

Hi I’m new to this

Been in dv relationship b4 which was both verbal n physical got out quickly. And moved on.

Now (detail removed by Moderator) years with my partner and realising it’s sometimes emotionally verbally abusive, I think?

It’s got more regular now I’m realising what happening. He gets at me about housework. I’m chronically ill with 5 kids of which (detail removed by Moderator) under 5 the rest have special needs.

He brings up my previous relationship says I like to be treated bad, jokes about me cheating all the time, and gets really angry about housework and won’t listen to reason. The kids see this and he is same towards them. But it’s not bad enough to be sure if it’s abusecor just a bad tempered partner. One of my kids say it’s gaslighting?

Advice would be appreciated

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Chocolatebunnie,

Welcome to the Forum and thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear how your partner treats you and your children, it must be exhausting for you. I hope you find the support you are looking for here.

Have you spoken to the 24hr National Domestic Violence Helpline? The Helpline Workers can discuss your circumstances with you and signpost you to other organisations that can help. They are available on 0808 2000 247, if you are unable to get through then there is a voicemail service to request a callback at a safe and convenient time.

You could also speak to your GP, health visitor and your local support group. Support groups can offer ongoing emotional and practical support. Your local group can be found here.

Please do keep posting to us and continue to reach out for support.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content