Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Tilly Lamp
      Participant

Called the police again last week. I’m angry and depressed. He was awful, he was threatening. They came out and they listened to him, despite the fact that he already has a caution for assault. They felt that a night apart to cool off was the answer. I was not in a position to leave the house due to daughter with disabilities. He too has disabilities, they not only took note of his disabilities, they told us one upstairs and one downstairs, that I was not to go and agitate him. On top of all that, I then got a call from Social Services.
      He of course is over the moon and is now threatening with the police if I put a foot out of line. I’m condemned to this for a long time now. I’m really upset because the police had told me after they cautioned him that if he played up again, that would be it. I told them WA were involved, they’d never heard of them and the female police officer told me if it’s that bad I should just tell him to F. Off! I’m tired, woken up almost every single night, he is difficult, we never know if we’re going to get up to Mr.Nice or Mr. Nasty. Don’t know how much longer I can cope with this. Just get the youngest off to uni in a few months and maybe then dash off. I have complained to the police but I dare say it’ll be brushed off.

Ayanna
      Participant

Wow, that is horrible.
      What does Women’s Aid say to that? Can they get in touch with the police and speak to them?
      Can you go into a refuge?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content