Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Stressedandalone
      Participant

How is it that my ex could move on before we even split up and is still with her but me a man hit on me (removed by moderator), an ex flame and I just cried because I’m so hurt still. I feel so embarrassed

Twisted Sister
      Participant

hello Stressedandalone

if it helps any, I can assure you that you are not alone in this. Many abusers care little about being faithful to their partners, and will often move on to another victim before finishing with the last. Its cruel, just like the rest of their behaviours, and leaves a woman feeling abused and heartbroken all at the same time. It seems like a blessing in disguise, but it doesn’t feel like it at the time.

The shame and embarrassment belongs to him though, asyou have done nothing wrong. Hes been abusive and bears the shame for that, not you. You were just human… and unlucky.

its good to cry and i hope it helps you process and come to terms with whats happened, what he’s done, and moving forward for you.

warmest wishes

TS

Anonymous
      Inactive

Sressedandalone the abuser can move on quickly because they are needy selfish looking for constant reassurance to their ego and maybe sociopathic your upset because your truly hurting and if you just broke down you may have been trying to keep it together ( soldier on) like a lot of people do , myself included ( that’s past tense I don’t do that now)maybe you were harbouring your feelings and the dam broke , either way never be ashamed of your feelings your human to have them , please speak to someone about the pain your going through 😙💗💗

Weemebreeze
      Participant

Hi stressedandalone,

I just wanted to show you some support and let you know it happened to me too. It’s truly horrendous trying to deal with the after effects of an abusive relationship and the betrayal, deceit and confusion. I’m still finding it really hard but I’m taking it each day at a time – my councillor keeps saying “remember what it means for you” and that’s true. For you, it means you’re free and safe. They don’t think or feel like normal people, they think only of themselves. It’s disgusting. You have nothing to be embarrassed about at all, you’re doing really well and each day will get slightly easier. ❤️

Anonymous
        Inactive

Weemebreeze I know the post is for stressedandalone but from what you’ve posted and what your going through I’m sending you hugs🤗🤗🤗 and hearts too 💖💖💖

Weemebreeze
        Participant

Thank you very very much! ❤️❤️❤️ Xx

Anonymous
        Inactive

That’s ok x x x

Stressedandalone
      Participant

Thank you, I do feel a bit better today just keeping myself busy with the kids. I can’t believe this one person has hurt me so much. I really hope it will get better soon I don’t want to feel like this anymore. It made me feel uncomfortable too because I felt as if I was cheating on him, so silly and I just wasn’t used to somebody being nice to me again after so long. Thank you though x

Anonymous
        Inactive

Stressed and alone , it takes time to recover , allow yourself that, it’s an ongoing process, you’ve had a horrible but eye opening experience , it’s you and your babies now for all the love and care, I understand when you said your not used to someone being nice to you as someone on a health forum said something nice to me and I nearly started bawling so I do get it, but we’re all you for you and Lisa too , take care 💛💚💖

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content