Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Twisted Sister
      Participant

i’m sure i felt for a long time like i had, but finally after many years of history (backstory), i have with psychological help felt that life might really change from re-living trauma every day and night.

I have some hope that something has changed that will really help my recovery.

Positive wishes to everyone going through this and hopes that you too can reach out for the help you not only need but very much deserve and fight for better for you, for you (and any children).

warmest wishes

ks X*X

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

I am so, so pleased to hear this karma. You’ve been very brave for a very long time, but it sounds like there’s a light at the end of the tunnel now xx

Twisted Sister
      Participant

thank you peaceful pig!

i shouldn’t post my answer here as i am now not positive atall 🙁 and drinking heavily trying to cope with this evvenings events 🙁

omg when will it stop. i know drinking isn’t the answer but sometimes….

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

Oh no! I’m sorry you’ve had a bad night. Does that mean that the thing you thought had changed hasn’t? I have often had temporary highs thinking my ex had gone or given up and it was over only to find he was just switching tactics and something worse would happen to totally blindside us. But we mustn’t lose hope, often it’s all we have and it keeps us going. Thankfully I’m now at the point where I have acceptance of how he is, nothing comes as a surprise and my fear is less, it’s just incredibly annoying. Don’t worry about the alcohol, sometimes it’s whatever gets you through the night. Keep moving forward and don’t give up now, you’re still doing brilliantly to manage everything. Things will change xx

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Peaceful Pig no … what happened won’t alter the work and change from it in therapy. I just had an awful experience after having posted that, and was crushed and in a very bad place as a result, but it makes no difference to the progress i’ve made this last week.

thank you for posting a reply. Well done with your positive outlook – what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger! lets hope for that heh! xxKS

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

I’m glad you’re still making good progress and getting good therapy. I will be eternally grateful for the help I received. Yes I am positive most of the time these days, except for Friday nights when I run out of energy and the self-pity kicks in! At least I can rest in peace now (children permitting!) Xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content