Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Participant

He wants to put
      The money back in to my account that he owes me but I don’t even want to give him my account details. I mean he could just give it to charity. Is this done on purpose or genuinely. I am beggining to hate him because of the way he is making me feel about myself as he has said he has gone away etc and got his old number back which all of his ex’s have feel like nothing. I woke up this morning looked at my phone and thought I can’t even call him.. feel so alone as there’s not anyone else I could talk to think I need to get use to this loneliness

take the money hon. you may need it. but keep your boundaries secure.
      all best
      ftc
      x

Anonymous
      Participant

I don’t need the money. As I am financially stable. I’m just confused if it’s a tactic. I am just so fed up it is like one thing after another with him.

Sad sunflower
      Participant

You are not alone Anonymous. You can always come to the forum for support, we are all here in case you want to talk.

That’s the thing with these men you know, they isolate us from everyone and make us feel we need them. But we don’t! With time you will see there are lovely people around you. I know it is difficult to make new friends when you are feeling so low, but you know what I’ve realised? even sharing a couple of words with someone at the supermarket makes me feel better. Try to go out and do something different, maybe go buy yourself some nice clothes, do something that makes you feel pretty 🙂 those little things help a lot!

Just don’t call him or text him. Zero contact is the way to go. I promise you, once you make the decision to stop talking and interacting with him things start looking up. You just have to be strong enough to survive the first few days of no contact, then it becomes gradually easy as you start getting used to not talking with him and start realising your life is more peaceful without that man in your life.

Here when you need to talk. Hugs 🙂

KIP.
      Participant

Yes it’s a tactic for you to break no contact. He will keep trying different ways until you involve the police and put an end to it. I cannot tell you how many different ways my ex tried to break no contact. He misses the enjoyment he gains from abusing you. It’s a terrible game and a dangerous game. Please involve the police and block his email. I don’t believ you will ever see this money. Even if you do contact him he will want to talk about other things like blaming you. If he was so sincere he could have posted you a cheque. Ignore, block and ring police x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Anonymous,

As others have said it is a tactic to break the no contact. It is unlikely he will give this money back as it does not benefit him. Perpetrators will use any reason to try and get to you. Any contact with this man is not good for you and your safety is really important.

Take care and keep posting

Best Wishes,
      Lisa

Anonymous
      Participant

Thank you so much I did not respond to him so proud of myself. Even though I have so much going on in my home life. Family stress etc. My father is also verbally abusive towards me and I feel trapped within every direction of my life. I don’t know how to get out anymore. I have been with 3 abusive partners now and I am so afraid that I have gone away to a family friends away from my area because my injunction ends. Can’t cope anymore I mean i have told my support worker but I am not getting anywhere. Having to do everything myself is so difficult. I just want to hide away from the world again. Why should I have to listen to abuse at home aswell as from my so called ex partners when will this cycle stop. What am I supposed to do?

Thank you so much for all the support it is keeping me away from him. I never want to look back and I hope I don’t ever fall back. Just hope I stay strong and get through this without losing myself.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content