Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

Going over one or 2 things. While I were having one of my silly blips he told me how he fancied me now more than ever… I know it’s sickening isn’t it. To think it were anything to reel me in. And how my hair looked nice cut into the style it were at the time. Lies lies more lies. He had told me months back how he had got his head round the situation with us used to it but we’re still trying to reel me in. Totally changing things in a breath x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Betterdays

It is not fair of him to try and soften you up after all you have been through.

Have you tried breaking contact with him so that you dont have to deal with his sweet talk anymore? If it is not possible, just know that you are a better woman without him and that is the reason he is trying to reel you back in. He is able to see you are doing better and it is eating him up, so just continue with the good work and show him you do not need him:)

betterdays
        Participant

Hi woman in need yes changed my number (detail removed by Moderator) weeks ago were neatly (detail removed by Moderator) decades been out nearly a year x

Dear Betterdays, my ex said to me towards the end of our relationship that he fancied & loved me more then than he did at the beginning. Incidentally in the beginning he was love bombing me to hell,”you are beautiful, you are my soulmate, etc etc “…..when he said that he loved me & fancied me at the end he was mainly nasty most of the time & i felt frightened. Like his level of comfort was there when I was anxious & frightened. He also said to me once calmly “I, m completely happy & confident of our relationship now”, my wellbeing at that time was mainly fear,high anxiety & desperate insecurity .

betterdays
        Participant

Thanks for that healthy archive so basically all these compliments are all part of the plan of evil x

I think so yes. In 30 covert manipulation tactics in personal relationships there is quite a lot on intermittent reinforcement & gas lighting, both of which are deliberate methods to confuse our thinking & not see the situation clearly. It is calculated, cunning & in my ex,s case carefully measured for maximum effect. We would sit down for what I thought was an innocent chat,what I think now is that he was using these times to access my inner most private thoughts, he was very skilled at doing this. He was working out my specific vulnerabilities, which he would then use later to try to destroy me.cruelty personified.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content