Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

I’ve recently been offered a new house in a lovely area. It’s everything best ever I mentioned this to my mum and sister they went ballistic this is because I’ve always been a meal ticket for them both for years along with having 3 autistic boys. I’ve just seen them in the supermarket they’ve just completely ignored me because I want to move for a better life feel so saddened x

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Better Days,

I have managed a way to stop my sister and mother upsetting me so much : don’t tell them so much about my life. Information to them is a weapon they can use.

If they were putting your needs first, they would be happy for you. They’d be overjoyed and happy for your sons. They would be telling you how they’d come and visit, etc.

Unfortunately, they sound controlling and abusive, jealous and very selfish and unkind.

A life doing what they want you to do, where you are treated like muck, isn’t a life for you.

A life where you live in a lovely area, where you feel peaceful and happy and attract the right kind of people in your life,is where you will find joy.

I have realised that I made my life a goldfish bowl for my mum and sister to peer into a pass judgement.

Even now, they try to fish for information, which they can use against me somehow or criticise.

But I keep my lips sealed.

One of the Rights listed on the Bill of Rights was the Right to Privacy ; another was to make your own decisions; another was even to be allowed to make your own mistakes!

This is your life. They have their lives. They aren’t putting you first.

They should be encouraging you to grow and flourish x

mixed-up mum
      Participant

Hi Better Days – Serenity is right – if they really loved you and really cared then they would want wha5s best for you and the boys.

I too have problems with my mam and sister tsking over my life and TELLING ME what to do and telling me what the think about every aspect of my life – I now too am careful what I tell them – the least they know the better – I remain civil to them and keep on friendly terms – but watch what I say!!!!!

Battery about to go……chat later…..

x*x

mixed-up mum
      Participant

Have you read Serenity’s post ” Abusers creeping in oon me”…….

mixed-up mum
      Participant

Have you read Serenity’s post ” Abusers creeping in oon me”…….

And also Falling Skys post “could people have been mentally abusing me all my life”…….

Both worth a read,…………

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content