Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      keepmovingfoward
      Participant

after a good few days and a few successes my childrens dad ceased custody proceedings, and my new tax credit application has finally been sorted. the abuser responded to the ‘final’ contact letter by wanting to take me to small claims court for £ which some of was Gift and other was debts taken in his name.

im so angry he thinks he can pin it on me after all hes put us through, i tried to support him whilst he was under police investigation only for it to result in custody with my children being threatened due to the nature of his offence.
      i take no responsibilty for his actions, only he twisted and manipulated me in such a way i could not see the wood for the trees. grr so angry! not helped by the fact my dad is shifting his belongings at the weekend for him as he’s disabled and cannot do it.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi keepmovingforward,

It sounds like you are having a really frustrating time at the moment. perpetrators of domestic abuse try anything to regain control over you. I’m glad to hear you take no responsibility for his actions, everything he has done is a choice and part of abuse tactics.

He is not twisting or manipulating you anymore.

Best Wishes,

Lisa

keepmovingfoward
      Participant

Thanks lisa, hes now trying to control the drop off of belongings, my dad wont stand for it. if the ex isnt careful hes going to end up with all his stuff dumped outside the place hes staying and have to take it to storage himself. my dad is doing it as a favour for me as i dont want to see him nor do i want him coming to the house. if he was collecting the stuff himself he would take his sweet time over it and do it over weeks and weeks and i wouldnt want that, he’d be up to his old manipulation tricks again.

he’s also now saying that the police have found things (detail removed by Moderator) i’m utterly clueless as to what he’s on about as ive never looked at anything illegal, but (detail removed by Moderator) were used by several people, not just me and him. so hes now threatening and scaremongering.

im being transparant with my childrens dad, he’s fully aware of any contact that happens to ensure that i am not reinstating a relationship with him, they are supporting me through this, they understand now the abuse and mind games i suffered under him and respect the reason why it took time to leave him due to fear.
      im finding my strength to fight this! he’s not going to win!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content