Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Purpledrops
      Participant

So after being threatened and he threatened my son. He finally left. Was awkward for a bit, but he was seeing the kids regularly and we were being civil. We text pretty much every day, and started getting on better. Although I’m adamant I didn’t want him back, he was always hinting at getting back together.

Anyway (detail removed by Moderator) it’s all changed and I’ve realised he’s still playing games.
      Created a parenting agreement. We both agreed if we were to get into another relationship to be honest and make sure it was going somewhere before kids met them.
      I found out from my young daughter she met a woman with her children. My ex allowed our daughter to go off with her having just met her and my son.

I wanted to know what on earth was going on. Turns out my ex has been seeing a woman for the past (detail removed by Moderator) months. We only split up (detail removed by Moderator) months ago. Never mentioned her once and was making me feel bad and sorry for him because I ended our relationship. The whole time he was seeing this woman.

I feel stupid, it’s opened old wounds because he messaged other women while we were together.
      He never valued or respected me.
      I wish I could cut ties with him completely.

orchid7
      Participant

I am sorry to hear what you are going through, the pain they cause us is horrific. Just try and concentrate on the fact that you have not go to do it anymore. You don’t have to worry about him and other women, you are free from that. Unfortunately they will have to be worrying about all that now. Focus on you and your recovery and try and detach from him for now. Can you limit your contact with him or get a third party to help. Focus on your new life not all the horrible twistedness of being with him xx I agree that looking for someone is definitely a no go for a long while, but I used to list out the bad qualities he has vs the qualities I would want from someone x helped me to create nice fake person in my head to take the focus off off him x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content