Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Likkleredd
      Participant

I feel so lost about what to do. I feel that my husband has destroyed me and taken everything from me. It’s such a long story from start to end I wouldn’t know where to start, but right now, whenever I say I’ve had enough of living like this, being controlled and being spoken to like dirt (and in the past actually abused physically, mainly when he was drinking), and that I want to move out, in one minute he says, “go, you won’t be missed”, and the next minute, it’s “Don’t worry, if you leave, I’ll (detail removed by moderator)”. There is and always has been a lot of animosity between him and my ex and my eldest children I had with my ex but it’s just constant threats every time. We have a child together, (although (detail removed by moderator). I just really don’t know what to do anymore, but due to a disability as well, I struggle with things on a daily basis, and he knows that I rely on him and my daughter a lot, but I’m so unhappy. My other issue is I cannot afford a solicitor due to not working and he was also clever enough to put his name on the mortgage and deeds when we first bought the house, due to me already having a mortgage with my ex, so I couldn’t afford to be put on this one. It was supposed to have been changed to a joint one once my other had been sorted, but he has refused from day one to add me. I feel like he’s used me and I just feel trapped and so depressed.

Sorry for going on. I just needed to talk about things and it’s pretty hard when I feel so alone.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Likkleredd,

Thank you for sharing with us and welcome to the forum. I hope you find the forum a safe and supportive place to be with others who understand.

If you feel like you are in need of some additional support, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (open every day). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Do keep posting to let us know how you’re getting on.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Likkleredd
        Participant

Thank you Lisa. I might make contact with them so I appreciate the info.

Xx

Hazydayz
      Participant

💕

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content