Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

When I look back at my life it was full of hurt.
      From my early memories until recently, hurt after hurt.

On days like this I feel the full impact and I want to scream.

No man will ever enter my life, ever again. They are a violent species and they have to stay away from me forever.

Serenity
      Participant

A few months ago, Ayanna, you wrote a lovely post about sitting in your garden with a cup of tea, with flowers and plants all around you.

You’re right: you don’t need a man. You are allowed to choose to never have another one near you for as long as you live, if you so choose. You can make decisions that protect yourself and protect your peace.

It’s a beautiful week weather-wise. I have been sitting in my garden a bit, listening to the birds, cutting back breaches here and there, drinking in the breeze. There’s far more peace and beauty to be got from nature, it seems!

I hope you will allow yourself some peaceful moments in nature this week, reminding yourself that you have as much right to be here as anyone else and to live a peaceful life.

I’m going to start focussing on my old hobbies, the things that soothe my soul. Gardening, painting….

Sometimes my brain needs a break from thinking about people and relationships

Ayanna
      Participant

Thank you, Serenity.
      My brain is in overdrive constantly.
      The horrible anniversary is coming closer too. I am a mess.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content