Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      magnolia
      Participant

I very very recently met with social services who are going to talk to the kids at school very very soon. Since talking to them my husband has done something that scared me. I thought he punched one of them (it looked like that from behind) but both he and the child say he pulled his hand off something agressively, hurting the child.

I’m not sure what to do. I can’t call the help line as he is here at home. i cant go out and call because that means leaving him at home with the kids even though they are in bed. I’m scared if i dont call the police then social services will find out when they talk to them anyway and ill be in trouble for not reporting / keeping them safe / leaving. on the other hand i am scared what wll happen if i call the police and they arent that concerned because then im left in a house with him knowing i called the police on him.

I feel so so scared and sick

Tuppance
      Participant

Hey you …. this is difficult because both the child and he agree on what happened. Do you think the child is lying because they are afraid? I think, but I don’t know, that if you document it what you saw, the attitude of. both of them. Their account of what happened – note your action and reason for taking or not taking action then at least you can explain your actions to whoever needs to ask also doing this way may help you to decide whether to report it. I would have thought as their stories match that maybe a note might go on file but nothing more as there isn’t anything to go on but they hold this information incase of a future issue. I am not sure if this helps at all but am sending you a hug. Xx

magnolia
      Participant

I just called the police. i think they are both telling the truth. it just looked differently from my angle. he didnt hit him but he DID hurt him again because he cant control his anger. so so scared. im shaking and think im actually going to be physically sick.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Magnolio please stay calm. No children deserve to be hurt you have done the right thing hun . X

Sadie
      Participant

Thinking of you

magnolia
      Participant

Aparently i didnt do the right thing by the police. what he did isnt classed as being inappropriate. they did remove him though but just until the morning to prevent breech of the peace. My life sucks.

KIP.
      Participant

You did do the right thing. He hurt your child. Your conscience is clear. He has a history of aggression. It’s now noted. You called them because you feared for your child’s safety. The police obviously think something is wrong because they removed him to prevent a breach of the peace. You need to work on leaving him. I always got punished for crossing my ex. Maybe not right away but it will come. Stay safe X

magnolia
      Participant

They only removed him because of the beverages he had consumed and because they feared that that might fuel retaliation of some sort when they left. Today he can come back though. Dreading the backlash that will bring. I’m locked in the house now so I’m safe with the kids. Thought the divorce would get him out a LOT quicker than this but its been way too many months now. Got to break the news to the kids and dreading it. Also got to break it to them that a social worker is coming to school to talk to them. This is going to be so hard on them.

KIP.
      Participant

The fact that the police removed him might get you a non molestation order meantime to keep him out the house. Can you speak to the helpline today? Or a solicitor. Kids are tougher than you think and see and hear more than you think. Keep it vague and let the social worker do the talking X

magnolia
      Participant

I’m going to call now. I think a non molestation order might take too long though. Police said they can put an order in place if they get lots more call outs about him but it takes a while and costs £1000 ish which i just don’t have. I’m also going to call my solicitor. Just told the kids daddy has gone to stay with his parents for a few days because we had an argument for now. One is devastated and the other (the one he hurts) hardly seems bothered at all… yet. That may change though. So scared they are going to grow up blaming me and hating me. they mean the world to me and i don’t think I can cope with them hating me. Or blaming themselves. One of them said “this is becuse of what happened last night isnt it” but I’ve made it clear that this is nothing to do with them and that mummy and daddy have lots of reasons why they argued last night.

KIP.
      Participant

Some of the ladies on here got a non mol for £100. I think if you speak to women’s aid or even shelter they can tell you how to go about it X

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content