Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Cornflake
      Participant

So the living nightmare continues. He is in a foul mood and the atmosphere is toxic and stressful. It’s so unfair, he knows what he is doing, almost waiting for someone to challenge him, but he knows that’s not going to happen. How is this a life worth living, it isn’t but nothing will change and at some point he may grace us with a form of normal. Nothing is normal it’s broken and I feel so churned up inside. Seriously thinking of asking GP for something to calm my nerves, but not confident medication will help – can anyone share if they take anything and it helps, if only a bit. Sending virtual hugs to you all.

Footballfan1
      Participant

Cornflake,
      You sound at your wits end.
      None of it is fair.
      He knows no one will challenge him..

Can you contact your local domestic abuse team or womens aid directly ? Xx

Footballfan1
      Participant

I can’t comment on the medication side but I think he would try to use it against you

nbumblebee
      Participant

Ahhh sweetie im not sure its medication you need its to reach out and grab some help.
      This life is hard so hard especially when we stay I know.
      But you dont have to do this alone there are people out there that will and can help but you have to be the brave one and reach out. Maybe go see your GP but talk to them about whats happening. Talk to womans aid or the samaritans dont do this alone. Sending hugs xxxxx

Twix
      Participant

It’s a lot to deal with when you’re being ground down every day, living on your nerves. Meds helped me to relieve the physical symptoms of the anxiety & I don’t think I’d have coped like I have without them. He did use this against me & it added to the ‘you’re crazy’ narrative he was spouting about me. Ignore it. Your mental health is so important & speaking to your GP will help you decide whether you’d benefit from anything. Stay strong x

Cornflake
      Participant

Thank you for your support. I am going to make appointment to see GP, then I’ll decide about medication. I have also emailed my local DA service to see if they will meet me so that I can talk through my situation. Plus I’ve also reached out to a couple of friends and am gradually opening up to them about how I feel. It does help knowing people are there for me but it also reminds me that at the end of the day only I can change this situation and I can’t see that happening without a miracle. It rubbish isn’t it. Hope you all have a safe and peaceful day. X

nbumblebee
        Participant

This is amazing well done you. Such a brave thing to do.
        Keep taking those steps foward you are doing amazing and as scarey as it is as pants as you feel you are moving foward and that is amazing good luck at the drs xxxx

Footballfan1
      Participant

Well done for reaching out.
      That is very brave.
      I’ve signed up for free over phone therapy through the NHS.
      I was told by a domestic abuse officer that it is very beneficial.
      Xx

Cornflake
        Participant

I don’t feel brave but it’s a start isn’t it. I’ll look into the free therapy too. I need to work out whether it’s domestic abuse or just a bad relationship. I guess if someone’s behaviour totally dictates how comfortable or uncomfortable you feel in your own home then it’s a definite yes to it being abusive.

Twitcher
      Participant

Hi Cornflake,
      I read your post and had to reach out even though I am fairly new on here, how you’re feeling sounds like I did last year, I too was struggling with the churning stomach, a nervous wreck and dreading every day After telling my GP and talking to a DA counsellor I no longer felt so alone with no hope left. I agree that telling people and getting support is vital, even the comfort I have receeived off here has helped more than I can express. Whatever you decide to do will be the right decision for you and I am sending you lots of love as I know and many of the lovely ladies here know how incredibly difficult it is to stay and to leave x*x

Cornflake
        Participant

Thank you Twitcher for your words of support. It feels impossible right now but hope is not completely lost yet. X

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content