Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Freetobethegreatest
      Participant

Tried ringing womens aid but no answer ive left a message desperately need someone to speak to. Early this morning my child saying he wants a drink he’s saying daddy daddy he wants daddy to get him a drink but i get up to get him one his daddy has hurt his bk. I was trying to be nice wish i hadnt bothered. Child starts having a tantrum that he wanted daddy to do it and slams stairgate into me. I dont think this is acceptable behaviour if he’s thirsty why should it matter who gets him a drink i ask my child to say sorry my “partner” straight away gets involved basically saying he dont need to say sorry and kids behaviour is fine. Im trying to explain to him that its not ok to slam stairgates into ppl or have a tantrum because mummy got him a drink anyway he just starts going mental as usual calling me every name, saying im an awful mum etc starts flipping out screaming this is obviously early in the morning the neighbours probably heard everything. He was going mental throwing things etc i said im going to ring the police if u dont calm down he grabed my wrist and stole my phone my wrist still hurts he stormed out as per usual then comes bk apologising ive had enough cant continue on like this all i was doing was trying to help why did i bother why shud i ever try and do him a favour and then im simply trying to teach my kid right from wrong cant even do that without him having a go at me

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Hi Freetobe,

Sorry to hear you have gone through this as it sounds very upsrtting, and it’s extra hard when you can’t get through to the helpline. I started ringing my local helpline instead as they always answered, could you try that? And then try Samaritans for a good old talk and a cry. I have rung these helplines a lot this year and they have helped me in my darkest times, to have that listening ear.

You’re absolutely right that it’s not acceptable behaviour for the child to be physically aggressive towards you. And your partner’s behaviour sounds very abusive, condoning the aggressive behaviour of the child, undermining you in front of the child and then grabbing you by the wrist etc.

If you could speak to the local domestic abuse team or the national line when they ring you back they could help you create a plan to get out. Photograph your wrist in case of any bruises and log everything in detail and in secret away from him as you may well need it later, I did and it helped me.

Maintain good parenting boundaries with your child so that he doesn’t follow his father and learn that behaviour like that is ok. Keep reaching out for support.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content