Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Bubblegum
      Participant

Hello ladies .Been split from my abusive Ex husband a long time now .Went through years of hell with him .Very rarely he sees his kids due to his behaviour .So contact with him is limited .My Dad worked away for years .In recent few years he was home .Myself Dad grew closer again and he was like a father figure to my kids which they adored him .Recently he was involved in an accident and he eventually passed away .So things are so raw at moment .After tears upset from my Ex husband .Life was finally back on track nice again .Then this happens to my dad .Like said earlier contact Ex is limited as he’s showing of (detail removed by moderator) so everything Happy Larry again for him .While me kids heartbroken X

Fudgecake
      Participant

Hello Bubblegum
      I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. Life does seem to kick us when we’re down. At least you managed to rekindle your relationship with your dad and he had time with you and your children. In time, you will be able to look back on these times and talk about them and him to your children. It’s hard to lose a loved one when they are ill and you’re expecting it but to lose someone through an accident must be traumatic.
      I often ask myself why these things happen. I don’t know the answer.
      Life is harsh so cling onto to memories of loved ones in happier times and know that you were loved by them.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi bubblegum, l just want to let you know how sorry i am to hear of your dad’s passing. It is nice to hear that you managed to reconnect with him and the children got to know him too. Take comfort from that and the memories of him.
      Take care. Xx

fizzylem
      Participant

Hey B, this is so sad, so sorry to read this. Your dad sounds amazing, can understand you will all miss him being around. Do what you need to do to get through x

EbonyRaven
      Participant

I’m so sorry Bubblegum. Life can be very harsh at times. It’s good that you and your children had that time with your Dad. In time you will smile at the happy memories of him. x

Serenity
      Participant

So sorry, Bubblegum.

You will have good memories to keep you going, once that the pain of his loss has subsided a little.

You will be able to keep his qualities and influence alive for yourself and your kids by talking about him, sharing memories and recalling the important things he taught you in life- by remembering him often. I lost my grandmother when I was a child / nearly teen, and for years we have kept her memory alive by talking about her, and she still remains a central figure in our lives because she was such an amazing person. And do you know, it’s been over 30 years since she passed? Special people love on in us always.

Bubblegum
      Participant

Thank you ladies for your messages .What I’ve told my kids although my Dad was taken to soon .Hold my Dad as more of a role model on how a man should behave .Rather than there own Dad who was complete opposite .Who always put himself first and didn’t give a Dam who he hurt along the way x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content