Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Stuck in The mud
      Participant

It’s been (detail removed by Moderator) since my abuser was living at my house (detail removed by Moderator) I am literally stuck in the mud still !! My tenancy still hasn’t been transferred from joined to sole by my housing (detail removed by Moderator) on !! Even though (detail removed by Moderator) and he has been rehoused 🤷‍♀️ My divorce still not progressing due to Covid delays 🤦‍♀️ It is causing me a lot of stress still I can not move on with my life , unless I’m at work I am home alone just waiting until these things get processed. I just want to be able to exchange my property to get a fresh start! I’ve lived here a long time and everything reminds me of abusive times.Any advice on my tenancy issue I would appreciate.

Bananaboat
      Participant

I’d raise a formal complaint to the housing association. Include in the letter this is causing you undue distress and inconvenience. They’ll have a complaints procedure, so look that up, they’ll have a set time to respond and possibly an ombudsman you can contact. You could do similar with the solicitor although I don’t know if they are being rubbish or your ex is delaying matters. If it’s the solicitor being rubbish, speak to the legal ombudsman service. x

Hazydayz
      Participant

Just want to say….
      Oh bless you, you have my total understanding and sympathy. Hope it’s sorted very soon! Wishing you good luck! And…A very happy future in a new home very very soon🏠💞

sunshineLollypops
      Participant

How did you vet him off the tenancy? Mine is still on my tenancy and all the free legal advice I’ve had so far is to get an occupancy order (which is temporary) I’m also stuck in limbo and unable to move on as I’m constantly scared he may just walk in as its atill technically his home.

Chocolatebunnie
      Participant

I’m in the same boat, only preparing not told him anything yet.

I need to stay I need him to leave but this is one part why I’ve not done anything yet as he might not leave, might come back and it could get messy.

Very interested to see how things go for you but also wishing you all the best in getting things resolved x

Stuck in The mud
      Participant

Hi everyone I gained an occupancy order & non molestation order (Court detail removed by Moderator) the judge made a court order stating the agreement, my housing association were present and they confirmed I spoke tenancy to me has been approved.It’s still not processed !!!

Twisted Sister
        Participant

thats all really good then, so the association have agreed to your being sole tenant. Maybe you could follow up with a letter asking them to put this in place because your ability to move on is stuck until then?

In the meantime can you put yours up on the swap site and be looking? At least you will feel like you are not stuck anymore, as if you get to the point of agreeing something, all the paperwork wil need to be processed for that anyway, so it can all be done at the same time (if still not processed by then)?

It will put pressure on them to get it done perhaps?

warmest wishes

ts

Stuck in The mud
      Participant

It’s just frustrating I shouldn’t be chasing them constantly for answers ! I asked recently about exchanges would I get permission to swap without his signature on the forms ? Obviously I don’t want him knowing where I’m moving to ! I don’t want to waste anyones time getting involved with a swap until I know I’m able to actually move , I have been looking and have interest as I’m downsizing 👍 I feel my life would restart after a move as lived here since the children were small and has some bad memories and keeping me trapped in the past 👎🏻 I need future 👍

Stuck in The mud
      Participant

Update to this situation: my tenancy is with the Housing association solicitors to adjust and should be processed within 2 weeks . I was advised my tenancy type might change , the rent might increase & I may have to wait 1 year to move 👎🏻 Has anyone else had this experience? I’ve been a joined tenant (removed by moderator) years and lived in this house (removed by moderator) years

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content