Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anon123
      Participant

I’m feeling so sick. Social services are closing the case as my child won’t speak up. They’ve said behaviour like making himself sick, anger, tears, fear, wetting is completely normal and it’s fine.
      I can’t believe this -I explained how difficult it was for me to get out of an abusive relationship and they’ve basically washed their hands of it saying that the child will realise that’s just the way his dad behaves.
      I can’t believe anyone in their right minds would let a child go through this. It’s all emotional /mind games now but was physical towards the child in the past. There are doctors and independent reports regarding physical injury.
      They told my child that what he says will be told to dad so of course he’s not going to speak up, (they’ve even emailed this when I queried this as they also said it to me ).
      They also said doesn’t have to see their dad but they would have to say it. I can’t understand why they won’t just make a decision for a child.
      My child is being returned either a day late, or if I’m lucky 4hrs late!
      It’s just sooooo wrong and I feel so sick and I don’t understand why.
      Even the judge didn’t care that the court order was being broken.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Anon123,

I am so sorry to read about your situation. I can understand how upsetting and frustrating this must be. Please do phone the helpline for some advice and also get in touch with your local Women’s Aid group. You are not alone and there is help out there for you. Can you phone the NSPCC, they can give you some advice too. Perhaps you can also make a complaint about the social services and the process as it sounds very flawed. I know this must all feel like such a battle but please keep your head held high.

We are all here for you.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content