Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

They have closed the case!
      I explained about my husband’s drinking, my son also spoke about it, but the case is closed!
      And the funniest thing is, when the social worker came to our house and saw my son and I together having a nice time, his comments were “I can clearly see how well you are now getting on!” as if we never had!!!!
      Is this for real?
      One thing though is when he asked if my husband attends family therapy and I said no and my son added his dad’s reasons for not doing so, the social worker said he could see how dad was clearly using excuses as per usual…
      So I am left stunned. We were told that CAMHS and the therapist were the best place for us, which I understand and do believe in too, but I could not understand how having given clear confirmation about my husband’s drinking we are dropped off their care.
      Anyway, this leaves me to deal with the issues via the therapist, and my husband will soon find out my final divorce intentions…
      I received another message, his hope to hoover me back in…yoyoing creature…i will not answer. I have gone no contact as much as i can.
      Let the rest take its course…

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Bridget,

I really hope that you are feeling a little brighter about things. I can understand how frustrating and upsetting things must seem. You are being so brave and strong. Please do speak to the helpline and your support network about your situation. I really hope that you can find a way out of this relationships soon, it sounds very stressful and damaging for you and your situation.

We are all here for you.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content