Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      citrine
      Participant

Omg! Just received my first solicitor Bill! How expensive !!!!

Bearing in mind this is my first one, I think this may cost me a small fortune. And this was only for (detail removed by Moderator) letters and I don’t feel I’ve particularly got anywhere!

Deep breaths I think.

X*x

Amaguq
      Participant

Hi Citrine,
      Gosh, I thought we could get legal aid?
      I am about to go on that route in a few weeks with the solicitor.

Fingers crossed that we are able to get legal aid.

Best of luck, I think I may need it lol xx

citrine
      Participant

Hi Amaguq
      Sadly i don’t qualify for legal aid (so I’m told)

I guess it’s the price of freedom:)

I wouldn’t be where I am right now if it was for legal support.

Good luck x*x

Amaguq
      Participant

Hi Citrine,
      I just looked on the Government website, well, thank you for high lighting this issue, it looks like it is the price for freedom, W*F springs to mind, haven’t we gone through enough?

Thank you and the best of luck to you too xx

KIP.
      Participant

I can tell you that I wasted thousands of pounds writing letters back and forth that were not worth the paper they were written on. Ask about “without prejudice”. This at the bottom of letters means he can write what he wants and it can’t be used as evidence in court. My advice is to find out what your lawyer says you’re legally entitled to and make an offer. If it’s refused then go straight to court. This is the advice I was given on here and I ignored it. Costing me thousands, retraumatised me again. All because I listened to my ‘solicitor,. She kept talking me out of this plan. I’m still paying her up. Waste of space. Ring Rights for Women. Do your own research x

Sunshine
      Participant

Hi,

I haven’t been on here for a long time writing but am constantly reading posts 🙂 I have massive legal bills which my dad is paying off ( I have no extra money),however, now that my ex has bail conditions and I need a intradict i am now told that if for your safety you need legal matters sorted you should be able to apply for legal aid…. this is music to my ears as I have been paying privately! Also I got the best news I’ve had in a long time which was the police are giving me a (detail removed by Moderator) order which is free!

Sunshine
      Participant

Defo do your research girls x*x

Dragonfly
      Participant

I think there’s different rules regarding legal aid depending on where you live. I get it but am having to pay him tens of thousands just to get rid of him and it’s my house, not his. All because we we’re married. Infuriates me.

All of his ridiculous responses via his solicitor have ‘without prejudice’ at the end…… meaning he can say ridiculous lies in print but really it means nothing. I would advise doing most of the work yourself. Find out exactly what you need for example pension calculations, assets, debts etc. Then involve the solicitor.

citrine
      Participant

Thank you ladies.

I had better start doing my research. I would like it resolved quickly. KIP, I’m liking your idea of making an offer to him.

Sounds like a bumpy road ahead

Thank you again all x*x

Confused123
      Participant

Hey Hun

call women of rights to see where u stand legally, i too dont get legal aid, totally know how f off u must be feeling seeing the bill, i agree find out your rights and propose a offer to settle, if he doesnt agree then u have to fight it out , good luck anyway

Dragonfly
      Participant

Don’t make any offers till you know where you stand 😉

citrine
      Participant

Thank you Dragonfly I won’t.

I just think I want this all over and done with, I just want to get on with my life and be truly free. I know it’s a while off yet though 😔

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content