Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      citrine
      Participant

Not sure if I need a counsellor or solicitor!

My ex /father of kids turned up at school unannounced. He hasn’t seen them for months now (due to them not wanting to see him)

Spoke to my solicitor. Solicitor wrote to my ex saying not to turn up unannounced again. And agreed to email contact (detail removed by Moderator)

He set up a group chat! and his first message to them was basically “I’ve no idea what your mother is doing not letting me see you and how patient he has been with me “. There was no how are you? Etc.

I believe his message was for me not my kids.

I am supposed to encourage response but how can I to that!

Do I tell solicitor (Which costs) or ignore.

He was given a chance to build an email communication and messed it up!

Freedomfighter
      Participant

Hi Citrine,
      I’m not in your situation, have no experience in this area. I just wanted to say that I agree, it seems like he’s trying to provoke an angry reaction from you , but at the same time gaining sympathy from your children. Mine is trying very hard to convince my eldest it’s all my fault. Told him I’m suffering with mental health problems again and I’m hysterical and paranoid. It’s hard and like my own situation I’m not sure what the answer is. Citizens advice might be able to help without paying out or the helpline might have suggestions about where to go for advice. Good luck

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, I would ring Rights for Women who offer free legal advice. He has shown you that he couldn’t care less about his children’s feelings and will use them to upset you from the get go. Time to safeguard them. I can only tell you that my ex horribly abused our son, lied and eventually reinvented the truth becoming the victim. So my advice would be to keep him away at all costs. You already have evidence of his intentions and the fact they don’t want to see him anyway.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content