Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      PaleBlueStar
      Participant

I had a call with a solicitor today who had been recommended to me.

I told her my story and she felt I wasn’t safe so needed to apply for an Occupation order and get my husband out the house.

She said I was allowing my children to be abused by doing nothing. It’s shocked me into action.

So I have made contact with a lawyer she recommended to start that process. Apparently once that happens the same Solucitors sort out the divorce. But the priority is safety.

I also made contact with (at Lisa’s recommendation) my local DV support service who believed me!! And understood. They did a risk assessment and are doing a referral to a more central body that involves the police.

They told me about calling 999 and pressing 55 to alert them. Apparently you can do this even if the abuse isn’t physical. I didn’t know.

I told them that my neighbour called me over to say she’d ‘heard the screams’. I live in an absolute House of Horrors.

I’ve cried all morning.

Of course now my husband is being extra kind and Reasonable and I’m doubting myself.

Star xx

Escapee
      Participant

Oh Star!! Well done for being so brave 💕💕💕💕

It sounds like you’ve got some really good people on your side now.

Sending you love, hugs and oodles of strength. Xx

iliketea
      Participant

Well done, dont doubt yourself. Honestly its just taking that first step but once done you will feel so much better. I promise. I did. The professionals absolutely know what they’re doing, and what they’re saying, they would not say it was abuse if it wasn’t, it would affect them professionally. Listen to them, a lot have been in the work for decades. They are experts. Amazing to have got this far. Sending strength. xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content