Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have an appointment with a solicitor today and am feelin so nervous I didn’t want to get a solicitor involved but with everything i felt I needed to as I didn’t know where I would stand if he didn’t bring my child back etc. I think I am feeling really anxious because when he finds out I have been to see a solicitor he will kick off. Today has been the first day he has not bonbarded me with messages, and I’m thinking how will he feel when he sees I’ve went to the solicitor I know he will be angry but I don’t know why I am feeling sorry for him after how he has treated me

Cecile
      Participant

Look, I am mid way through a divorce and even this week have been mistreated and I found myself feeling sorry for him. Its part of the FOG- fear, obligation and guilt. I say to myself ‘see what is really there, not what he has led me to think is there’. he is a cold monster, a violent n********t. same for you, straight down the line. You have every right to see a solicitor and protect yourself legally. be your own best friend, and protect YOU.

diymum@1
      Participant

Cecile is right xx we all feel like this because we have compassion for other folk abusers just don’t. It’s hard to get your head round but when I was at your stage I felt the same this is what followed- he poisoned my child against me now we don’t talk at all. He went to see if you could get half the house and put us out his other young child- he had a new woman lined up before we split properly – he tried to do the same with my youngest lie and alienate her. By this time I got wise. He was out to destroy and win and this is all they are thinking about. From what I have read theses men have been to the same school they have one thing in common they are out for themselves when the chips are down. I promise you this is how he will be so time to put YOU first and foremost bury the guilt because you should not be the one carrying his Shame. He might play victim but that is just another tactic. Look at him as a man with a tool box full of abusive tactics xx making u feel sorry for him is his trump card xx 😘

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content